I’ve been tagged by Tom at Tom Baker’s Morning Erection (what an awesome blog name). Now like Tom, I’m a brilliant procrastinator (I’ve still got all but one of my awards to blog about) so I made an effort to be good this time and stapled myself to the chair and started typing.
Tagging apparently, goes like this:
1. You must post the rules.
2. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
3. Tag eleven people and link to them on your post.
4. Let them know you’ve tagged them!
Tom asked me 11 interesting questions. Gulp. I’ll answer them as well as I can.
1. If you were forced to change the name of your blog what would you change it to?
This is a particularly good question for me because I just happened to be discussing it with a fellow blogger the other day.
My blogging name is Sarsm, right? Well, had I thought about it properly I doubt very much I would have picked that name. When I started the blog, I had no idea it would be so successful and, if I had, I wouldn’t have named myself after an Asian virus. Really people, what was I thinking?
Truth be told I typed the name in because ‘Sars’ has been my nickname since I was a small child (I blame all those cousins) and the ‘m’ is from my surname. In my dinosauric approach to blogging, I thought I was using Sarsm as a user name and that “Quest for humour in my existence” was my blog name (as thought up by my husband).
If I changed it, I might opt for my twitter name: Pigsdontswim which is pretty cool. But my then three-year old came up with that as it was the title of one of her favourite books at the time. Better not, just in case I get sued.
I could just go with ‘Dinosauric Approach’… No?
2. How would you spend today if you knew it was your last day to live?
I would spend it with my family. 100% quality time with them. I don’t think it would matter really what we would do, just that we were together. Hopefully, though, there would be a lot of laughter.
3. What is you most guilty pleasure?
Er… My children read this page. 😉
I’ll go with hiding and eating chocolate. Er…
4. What is your most favorite smell?
OK. Food in a really nice restaurant. And the anticipation – it’s for me!!!
5. Who would you most want to interview on your blog?
I’ve never thought about it. Since it’s a question where anything is possible I’ll go with my dad. He died when I was seven.
6. What is your biggest pet peeve?
I’m quite a bad person here because I have a few. I don’t like people smoking around children. That gets me every time.
7. What is your favorite word in the English language?
I don’t have one. But I would like it to be lottery as in “Sarsm – you’ve won the lottery!” Though, in all honesty, it would be my husband calling and saying, “Lickle, we’ve won the lottery!!” because he’s the one who plays!
Now, if you’d said two words Tom, that would be simple: Book deal. 🙂
8. What is your favorite word in another language?
Awesome (American). 😉
9. What do your favorite pair of underwear look like?
Black. Shiny. Small. 😉
10. Do you think the world is going to end this year?
No. I still have a lot of challenges to finish and I wouldn’t have started something that didn’t end until 2013 because I like to succeed too much.
11. If a movie was made based on your life, what actor/actress would play you?
Well, she’d need to have long brown hair… OK, I guess that could be dyed. A loud voice when necessary… A wobbly belly. South pointing boobs! The ability to laugh and cry at the same time… Be able to run really fast through a building with burning stuff without setting anything else on fire, on a regular basis. She’d need an ankle that clicks when she walks down the stairs. Not up. So far, at least, that’s not mandatory.
I think Angeline Jolie could take a shot at it. What do you think?
Now I get to ask 11 bloggers 11 questions:
The Laughing Housewife
Piglet in Portugal
Local Heart, Global Soul
Figments of a Dutchess
Northern Mummy with Southern Children
Read Between the Minds
Nailing Jello To A Tree
(Because they have to answer the same questions I’ve tried picking 11 bloggers with very different blogs/backgrounds)
- If there were no constraints, where in the world would you choose to live right now?
- How would you fight terrorism?
- Would you go (or have you been) in a hot air balloon?
- Apart from Tilly Bud, what’s your favourite chocolate/sweet? Mrs. Malteser, what’s your second favourite?
- What was your favourite subject at school?
- What unusual talent do you have?
- What triggered you to start blogging?
- If we went to a bar together and I bought you a drink, what would you order?
- What ultimately do you/would you wish for your children?
- What’s the best pizza topping?
- Which TV show can’t you miss?