Wow it’s erm… well March already and I have erm… been on a date with Joni and that’s well, pretty much it for February’s update.
I don’t mean that’s ALL I’ve done in the whole of February. Silly.
- fought the Battle of the Vomit and WON (touch wood – don’t jinx it, it’s early days…)
- beaten the migraine. Well, that’s not exactly fair to credit just February, after all, that battle went on for four whole months…
- replaced it (in the same week – see how good I actually am?) with a sinus headache = sinus infection = slime + lung infection = antibiotics
- shaken. You could have rattled me. As I rolled around in confusion with many, many bottles of pills.
- beaten the crap out of the slime. (OK, OK credit there, might just go to the pills)
- popped my knee
- not unpopped my knee
- decided a bouncy castle is probably not the best entertainment for my fortieth birthday party IF I CAN POP MY KNEE JUST RUNNING UPSTAIRS TO ANSWER THE BLOODY PHONE
- missed the call, then swore. A lot.
On a more cheery note, I’ve also:
- chatted to the woman in the jewellers so much, as my daughter was having her ears pierced, that we’re now on first name terms. Really. Her name is Helen.
- thought about giving Helen my phone number (what? she was nice…) but my husband thought it was weird
- learned that my five-year old finds it perfectly acceptable to pierce your knee
- dealt with a crank caller
- finally (hallelujah) convinced the five-year old spinning ballerina that I can not do ballet, specifically the splits, even if I practice, with the aid of a bandage on afore-mentioned popped knee (silver lining)
- managed to get around to cleaning the carousel cupboard in the kitchen. The sticky one. We celebrated by using up the approaching best before date items to make orange and chocolate chip cookies. Yum!
That means a new recipe!!!!
So, actually, February’s update includes a date with Joni and a new recipe. Fruition!
Please welcome new 101ers: